I provide business consultancy for arts and cultural organisations, helping them develop a clear path for the future in a world that is constantly changing.
- Exploring business models, business plans and organisational development to help drive a more resilient future
- Creating marketing and audience development strategies to help companies reach and engage more audiences, develop new audiences, and increase audience diversity
- Creating membership strategies to add value for members and friends. Enabling cultural organisations to build lasting relationships, and increase reach and retention of members
- Sharing insight into how to develop effective leadership and management to enable your organisation or team to thrive
Get in touch to chat about how I might support you and / or your team or organisation
Current projects include:
- Working in partnership with Sam Scott Wood on a communications review and strategy for Creative & Cultural Skills
- Collaborating with BakerRichards on Shared Ambition a six month programme supporting a cohort of arts organisations across the UK exploring how marketing and fundraising might work more effectively together
- A consultancy project to explore the potential for introducing a supporter or membership scheme at the Museum in the Park.
- Capturing case studies from across Europe about business model innovation in the arts for Creative Lenses.
Recent projects include:
- Leading a programme of work exploring how to Diversify Museum Visitors in collaboration with Mel Larsen and Pam Jarvis. Including developing a toolkit and plan for future support across the sector for a steering panel of funders and umbrella bodies led by Association of Independent Museums
- A membership review for the Science Museum, London.
- Business advisor and webinar host for Prosper a new programme for arts and creative organisations across England led by Creative United
- Author of a free online guide, Future Proof: how to test and review new business model and income generation ideas. It includes case studies from entrepreneurial museums and arts organisations across the UK and a range of tools and exercises to support organisations to create a business case.
- Creating a simple guide to business planning and marketing strategy for artists and individual practitioners for the members of a-n Artists Network
- Core facilitator and coach on the Future Proof Museums programme led by the AMA exploring future business models with a mix of museums across England
- Providing training for the BFI Film Audience Network on influencing and leadership skills
- Developing a marketing strategy for the Charleston Trust
- Carrying out research and facilitating a board retreat with MCN exploring their future business model
Image courtesy of We Are Museums / (c) Lucian Lordan