I am the former Executive Director of the AMA (Arts Marketing Association), a membership body of 2,000 arts marketing professionals covering all art forms, and all sizes of organisation, from across the whole of the UK and beyond.
As such, I have supported thousands of arts professionals to develop their marketing and audience skill and practice. Enabling them to analyse data, draw insights, write and develop their audience strategies and develop their leadership skills.
I now provide marketing and audience development consultancy and support, both for individuals and for organisations as a whole, sharing knowledge and ideas in a way that engages a team and helps the organisation to collectively learn and grow.
Recent projects include:
- Supporting National Theatre Wales to update their audience development plan.
- Working with Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe, Hamburg on an audience development audit and website development brief in partnership with Sam Scott Wood
- Carrying out an audit of audience development activity in venues across the East and South East of England for house (a network of contemporary performance venues). Recommending strategies and next steps for the network.
- Leading Open Up a programme of work exploring how museums might diversify their visitors in collaboration with Mel Larsen and Pam Jarvis. This included developing a toolkit and a plan for future support across the sector.
- Working in partnership with Sam Scott Wood on a communications review and strategy for Creative & Cultural Skills
- Developing a marketing and audience development strategy for The Charleston Trust
If you’re interested in discussing how I might help you and your organisation to develop future marketing plans / audience development strategies, please do get in touch
Image courtesy of BFI Film Hub